Speaker System Hires in Sydney
DEQ 60 Graphic Equalizer
When the term “graphic equalizer” was first coined, the intent was to provide a device that allowed the user to “draw” the desired frequency response using slider controls on the unit’s front panel. Thus, the Holy Grail of graphic equalizers is a device with a response that truly matches the slider settings. For years, this seemingly unobtainable goal resulted in products based on the fine art of compromise … until now … until the DEQ 60L.
It’s not Constant—not Proportional—It’s Perfect! Digital Signal Processing (DSP) allows filter technology not possible with analog designs. Rane coined the term Perfect-Q™ to describe the results (U.S. patent 7,266,205). The DEQ 60L is the world’s first true graphic equalizer (i.e., one providing real mechanical front panel slide controls) whose output response precisely matches its front panel settings. Perfect-Q features virtually no band interaction and extremely low ripple between adjacent bands. To keep things flexible, fear not proportional-Q lovers, each channel of the DEQ 60L is selectable between Perfect-Q or Proportional-Q response.
The DEQ 60L features 45 mm sliders, a switchable Cut-Only mode, additional Cut filters, and additional 3-band Tone controls. The DEQ 60L provides the most complete set of pure EQ functions ever offered in an analog controlled equalizer.
- Perfect-Q™ : What you see is what you get Proportional-Q: Classic smooth response
- Independent Accelerated-Slope™ three-band tone controls
- Low-cut and High-cut filters
- Input and Output level controls
- Eight-segment metering for each input and output
- Two Boost / Cut ranges: ± 6 dB or ± 12 dB
- Each audio channel may use A or B controls
- Analog controls
- XLR, TRS and Euroblock Phoenix connectors
- Bypass switch (DSP)
- Bypass relay (power failure)
- Exceptional RF and Magnetic immunity
- Universal switching power supply
- Cut-Only mode