PreSonus Studio 1824 18×18 USB 2.0 Audio/MIDI Interface
$699.00 Inc. GST
High quality Audio/MIDI Interface
High-grade digital converters, ultra-low-jitter clocking, and our famous XMAX preamps add up to a superior recording and listening experience. The Studio 1824 operates at up to 192 kHz for ultra-high-definition mixing and recording. High-quality converters on every input and output provide 115 dB of dynamic range to capture complex musical harmonics smoothly and naturally with no audible distortion. XMAX Class A microphone preamps deliver incredibly high headroom, deep lows, smooth highs, and a rich overall sound so you’ll hear every breath, transient, and detail in your recordings. Your music never sounded better!
The central hub of your studio.
The Studio 1824 features two front-panel combo mic and switchable line/instrument inputs and six rear-panel mic/line inputs, all with +48V phantom power for condenser mics. Its eight channels of ADAT Optical I/O (four channels at 96 kHz) enable you to expand the unit with a multichannel preamp/ADC, such as our premium-quality DigiMax DP88. In addition to L/R main outputs with front-panel Mute, Mono, and level controls, you get eight balanced line outputs for monitor mixing plus stereo S/PDIF digital I/O and two stereo headphone outputs. All line-level outputs are DC coupled, enabling them to send control voltages. The onboard DSP lets you create four stereo near-zero latency monitor mixes. A BNC word clock output enables synchronization with other digital devices. Studio 1824’s MIDI I/O enables connection to a keyboard, sound module, or control surface, as well, making it a true central hub for your studio.
World-class recording software included.
The Studio 1824 interface works with virtually all Mac and Windows audio-recording software but it really shines when used with the included PreSonus Studio One® Artist DAW. Built by creative people for creative music production, Studio One is easy to learn and enables you to compose, record, and produce your masterpiece without getting distracted by the tools. The mix controls for the Studio 1824’s onboard monitor mixer are seamlessly integrated into Studio One so you can easily create near-zero-latency monitor mixes from within your recording environment. You also can remote-control monitor mixes using free PreSonus UC Surface touch-control software for Mac, Windows, iPad, and Android tablet.
Designed for producers who need more.
With ample connectivity, onboard monitor mixing, sweet-sounding preamps, and up to 192 kHz sample rate, the Studio 1824 will give you the ultra-high-definition sound and versatile connectivity you need to make state-of-the-art recordings. The perfect companion for any recording software, the Studio 1824’s integration with Studio One Artist and remote control with UC Surface provide a complete and thoroughly professional recording solution. Check out the Studio 1824 at your favorite PreSonus dealer.?
Now includes Studio Magic Plug-in Suite.
This suite of plug-ins adds a wealth of fresh sounds and effects to Studio One. Cherry-picked from the first names in virtual instruments and effects, each plug-in brings a different flavor of practical magic to your songs. These plug-ins aren’t gimmicky one-trick ponies — these are real-deal workhorses that you’ll rely on for countless mixes.
- Up to 18 inputs/18 outputs simultaneously (8×8 at 192 kHz)
- 2 mic/instrument/line inputs with XMAX Class A mic preamps
- 6 mic/line inputs with XMAX Class A mic preamps
- 8 channels of ADAT Optical I/O (4 channels at 96 kHz)
- 2 balanced ¼” TRS main outputs
- DC coupled for sending control voltages
- 8 balanced ¼” TRS line outputs for monitor mixing
- DC coupled for sending control voltages
- 2 stereo headphone outputs with individual level controls
- MIDI In/Out
- Stereo S/PDIF digital I/O
- 1 USB 2.0 port
- BNC word clock output
- Studio One® Artist for Mac® and Windows®
- UC Surface control software for Mac, Windows, iPad®, and Android™
Meters, Controls, and Features
- 18×8 onboard DSP monitor mixer
- Front-panel level controls for main outputs
- Mono and Mute buttons for the main outputs
- True +48V phantom power for condenser microphones (global)
- 10 ladder-style 8-LED level meters (8 input, 2 main output)
- 24-bit resolution
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz sampling rates
- 1U rack-mountable
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs