The SM7B is one of the world most sought after microphones. The SM7B would be suitable for any studio recording or broadcast application. Flat response and world class engineering will give you edge you have been looking for.
The Shure SM7B dynamic microphone has a smooth, flat, wide-range frequency response appropriate for music and speech in all professional audio applications. It features excellent shielding against electromagnetic hum generated by computer monitors, neon lights, and other electrical devices. The SM7B has been updated from earlier models with an improved bracket design that offers greater stability. In addition to its standard windscreen, it also includes the A7WS windscreen for close-talk applications.
This is the vocal mic that Bruce Swedien used to record Michael Jackson”s vocals on Thriller, the best-selling album of all time.
- Flat, wide-range frequency response for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech
- Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) controls with graphic display of response setting
- Improved rejection of electromagnetic hum, optimized for shielding against broadband interference emitted by computer monitors
- Internal air suspension shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission
- Highly effective pop filter eliminates need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds, even for close-up vocals or narration
- Now shipping with the A7WS detachable windscreen, designed to reduce plosive sounds and gives a warmer tone for close-talk vocals
- Yoke mounting with captive stand nut for easy mounting and dismounting provides precise control of microphone position
- Classic cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetrical about axis, to provide maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sound
- Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection for outstanding reliability
For more information please visit Shure
|Frequency Response||50 to 20,000 Hz|
|Polar Pattern||Cardioid (unidirectional)|
|Output Level||Open Circuit Voltage*: -59.0 dB (1.12 mV) *0 dB = 1 volt per Pascal|
For other Studio mic’s please see here.
The SM7B does not require phantom power and is not affected if phantom power is present on its mixer input.
The SM7B is a superb voice-over mic. And a high quality mic preamp will likely reduce the noise.